Saturday, October 23, 2010

No Sssweat...

Currently Listening To: Evergreen Terrace - Almost Home

I am sorry everyone for ignoring my blog this past week. I know that you expect me to be posting everyday, but it has become difficult to do that since I am trying to get my life going here in Carlsbad.

Everyday, I have been walking down to the local shopping centers, applying to as many jobs as possible. When I was still in Redwood City I had nothing to do but focus on my writing. But since being here, my new main focus is obtaining a job. My writing is still very important to me, but paying off a certain debt has become my new number one priority.

To let everyone know, I just got hired for a very part-time position, writing for an online magazine call Examiner.com. I am doing some freelance writing about local, non-corporate coffee houses. Yesterday, I went up the road about 3 miles a took critique a shop called La Costa Coffee Roasting. I took some notes, snapped a couple photos, and enjoyed a latte while I decided on what I was going to report to everyone. I finally got it all together and posted my finding last night. I am still waiting for my editor to look over my work so it can finally be published for all of you to read. I will let you know as soon as it is cleared. I am very excited about taking on this job, even though it does not pay very much. it allows me to be creative and informative and I get to drink a lot of coffee!

Since my new writing gig does not pay very much, I am still looking for another source of income. I have a job interview for a retail position on Monday morning and I also went to a local resort and applied for a full time "Men's Locker Room Attendant" position. So things are coming along. Just trying to keep my head up and realize that soon, someone will hire the Maddog.

On a stranger note, I was watching the Soup late last night and they were commenting on a new show called "Sister Wives". The show is about a Polygamist man married to four women who are all sisters. I am seriously weirded out by this! I mean, where will the television networks draw the line! If this is OK to show on TV then I think I will pitch my own show to one of these backward ass networks. My new show is called, "Incest". The main focus is about daughters and sons who have sexual relationships with their parents, (sister "loves" daddy/mommy "loves" son). Of course they will not be true stories and everyone will be actors, but I really think I have something here. If it is the norm to show a man with four wives who are all directly related, then I should have no problem selling my show and getting it picked up for at least a 10 show series. I know the show would be a total success because people are messed up in the head and would watch something as depraved as this.

Since today is Saturday, I will not be out looking for work. I am giving myself the day off to watch College football and probably watch a few horror films. Too bad it is not warm enough to go to the beach.

I hope everyone is well. I love and miss you all (you know who you are)! Gulf Coast in about a week!

yr friend,
Madisson

No comments:

Post a Comment