Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do You Feel Better Yet?

Currently Listening To: The Swellers - Ups and Downsizing

Had a funny conversation just a little bit ago (I thought it was funny at least) and I wanted to share a part of it with you all:

Me: i understand...if you wanted to move in with me here in sd that would be sick...finding a job wouldn't be hard for you. Yr gorgeous and have a great personality. BOOM! There you go...job handled!

Liz: hah but im not the stickk thin girls that they hire

Me: yr crazy...you dont need to be...

Me: look at me im short and mildly attractive and not very muscular

Liz: lmao! 

Me: im fucking average as hell!

Liz: shut up

Me: no one will hire me, unless its to clean up after them or work behind the scenes

Liz: im the mexican girl version of u

This little conversation really made me smile. This girl Liz and I made a beautiful connection to each other for the weekend that she was in the bay and I was pretty upset that she couldn't stay. This pretty much sums up my love life or the lack there of. I meet a girl I actually want to be with and I cannot have her...perfect. I am hoping that one day I will get a chance to be with someone special...one day.

Anyway, life in San Diego has been good so far (how could anything go wrong, I have only been here 24 hours). It is really nice to spend time with my Aunt Noella and her husband Ted. I cannot be more thankful that they are putting me up at their place until I can find my own little spot somewhere here in North County SD. I spent a majority of the day researching job opportunities on Craigslist and emailing my resume to those prospective jobs. Looking for work at a time like this couldn't be any harder. Even though I am a college graduate, it does not necessarily get my foot in the door. I am doing my best to stay optimistic, but I understand that with the economy in the toilet like it is, I am going to have to stay strong and be prepared to be rejected a lot. I will not give up on this job hunt.

And I would like to report that I am still smoke free, going on day five tomorrow. It is not hard at all as long as I keep myself occupied with other things. I am pretty sure my lungs will thank me in the long run.

 One last thing, I know he doesn't read this, but I would like to extend a congratulations to my youngest brother Nicholas for being accepted in the prestigious military school called "The Citadel" in Charleston, SC. The family and I are so so proud of how hard you have been working to get to this point. You are becoming a remarkable young adult and it makes me extremely proud to call you my brother. I love you kid!

Well, I guess that will be all for today. I am going to finish my night with a nice hot cup of tea and a couple of short stories by Mark Twain. I bid you all good morrow!

with love,
madisson

No comments:

Post a Comment