Thursday, September 16, 2010

Holy Sh*t!!

Currently Listening To: The Bouncing Souls - Ghosts On The Boardwalk

I would like to start today by thanking everyone who has been reading my blog. I have been getting nice reviews from several people and I would just like to say that it means so much to me that you are participating in this creative adventure with me. From the bottom of my heart thank you! I hope that you will continue to read and comment and I promise that I will always try and keep this updated and never a waste of yr time. With that said...

Today I would like to share a story with you guys today. This past weekend, here in the bay area, a 23 year old woman was driving drunk on the HWY 101 going north on the southbound side of the freeway. She finally came to a stop in the middle of the freeway and another motorist left his vehicle to help. They were both hit by a limo and thrown to the opposite side of the hwy where they were hit by multiple cars. Super fucking sad! This reminded me of something of a similar story of some people I know from down south.

It was 2006 and I was in the middle of my Sophomore year at a school called, Marymount College. There was a huge party being thrown down in the OC by one of the students at the school. Her name is Lauren. All you need to know about this girl is that she is a trust-fund baby, enough said. We (that's me, Arlo, Terry, Calvin, and Tyler) left PV around 8:30pm, stopped by PV Liquor to say, "what's up?!", to Sonny and Arthur and pick up several "30 racks" because we knew we should bring our own beer to play pong and because that was the only place around we knew that would sell us liquor, yes we were minors at the time and we were best friends with the owners of the shop, shady but rad. We got down to Newport around 9:30pm and the party had just began to start ragging. The house had a beautiful drive way lined with palm trees, other exotic looking bushes and flowers, along with the countless Mercedes' and BMW's (spoiled ass kids!). The party was not just taking place inside the house but in the front driveway,  freshmen were taking turns doing keg stands from two different kegs that were positioned on the huge front lawn where more people were playing bocce ball, casually smoking joints and cigarettes. We hung out outside for some time before Calvin, Arlo, and I moved inside to see what else was going on. It was an outright rave going on inside this chicks mansion on the cliffs in Newport. Not a single light on was in the house. The only light was that of multi-colored flashing lights from a DJ setup and enough strobe lights to give you an epileptic seizure. The drug of choice that night was definitely Ecstasy. People were in groups on the floor in the living room lying in piles on top of one another writhing as if having a full body orgasm. It was really weird so I left Calvin and Arlo and went to see what else this party had to offer. I walked up a giant flight of spiral stairs looking for some place quiet to take a leak and accidentally walked into a room where three people were having sex on the floor, i guess they couldn't wait to get into bed, haha! I didn't stay long, that's just rude, so I walked down the hallway some more where I finally found the bathroom. As I washed my hand I noticed a small baggie on the floor next to the sink. I picked it up and discovered that it was cocaine. I had no idea what to do with it. Their was a substantial amount of powder in this baggie and I had a feeling that who ever lost their drugs would notice they had lost it and come back looking for it, so I put it right back where I had found it. I went back downstairs to the front yard where I heard screaming, a group of people had gathered together to watch what was going on. Christie (a girl I shared English 1240 with) and her boyfriend, James, were in a furious argument. Let me back up for a moment...Christie was using the restroom while James waited for her downstairs. She came back to find her boyfriend making out with another girl (I think she was a Freshman) in the living room where the rave-orgy was taking place. Christie, now enraged, turns her boyfriend around and proceeds to hit her man in the face multiple times. The music blaring on as the couple cause a massive scene that eventually leads out to the front yard. They are screaming at the top of their lungs at each other, tears pouring out of her eyes, mascara running down her checks, it was apparent that they were fucked up, but none of us realized how messed up they actually were, which we would come to regret the next morning. They ended up leaving together in the limo they had arrived in, this was the last time we would see Christie alive, we just didn't know it yet.

I woke up around 11am the next morning in someones bed, next to some girl i have never seen before in my life. I was relieved to find out that both of our clothes were still on and came to the conclusion that nothing "serious" had happened. I walked downstairs and found Arlo, Calvin, and Tyler asleep in a pile of bodies in the rave-orgy-living room. I told them to be ready in five minutes because we had to get ready for our own Sunday BBQ. I went to look for our missing man, Terry. After I searched every possible place to pass out in the house, I decided to take a walk around the outside to see if he was there. No sign of him in the front yard so I walked around to the back of the house. I found my boy Terry face down in the lawn sleeping next to some tiny little blond thing in a pink polka dotted dress. They were so addorable, it made me want to puke, so I woke Terry's ass up and dragged his ass into the car, we were on the road back to PV, finally. We were on the 405 heading northbound when we hit the traffic. Not that it was a big deal to be in traffic in southern California, but this was some traffic that we have never experienced before. The car did not move for a good 3 hours and when we did move it was at a snails pace in a single file line, something very serious was going on just ahead of us. When we reach the scene we were not really able to see all that much, but we saw police, a limo, a couple cars and what looked like a Hazmat team working on the road, it was kind of a freaky scene to be honest. When we finally got home I immediately turned on the news because a pile up like that does not escape the public eye in LA. The traffic had been so bad that day because their was a fatality on the freeway in the early morning. The news was reporting that a young college girl had been partying with her boyfriend all night and on their ride home they were in a wild fight, (this was relayed info from the driver of the limo) yelling about cheating and lost drugs, the female ended up opening the limo door on the freeway, leaving the vehicle while traveling 65 mph. It was finally too clear to me and I fell to the floor on my knees. That was Christie's bag of drugs I found on the bathroom floor at the party and that was her dead body being cleaned up on the freeway. I ran to my bathroom and proceeded to throw-up.

I would like to apologize about sharing that horrible story. I would just like to let you in on a little secret. That whole story was fabricated. I made up the whole thing, pretty much. Christie is a girl I made up in my head, sorry folks. I got the idea to write that story from an actual event that took place in Orange County several years ago. You got to admit though, I have a good imagination!

love,
maddog

1 comment: