Friday, September 24, 2010

Hawt Lixx...

Currently Listening To: Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are?

Because I currently do not have anything interesting I would like to discuss at the moment. Instead I will share another poem of mine. This past spring semester of school my external hard-drive that contained ALL of my poetry was stolen and it never was recovered. Fortunately, I had several of my poems published in my University's award winning literary journal. This poem was originally titled "The King and I".

"The King and I"

SQUAWK!!
Its only 6 am and I don't have to be up for another hour and fifteen minutes.
SQUAWK!!
I stare up at the ceiling lying completely still, wondering why I don't hate the terrible thing.
The way he waddles around, with his chest puffed, tail
Feathers splayed out like a Indian chieftains headdress, crying his insolent song.
How can a creature so beautiful drive a person to the brink of insanity?
Mr. Peacock owns Chelsea road; this is His turf.
He stands triumphantly atop our garage surveying his lands and calling out to his lover,
SCREETCH!! SQUAWK!!!
It's as if he is taunting me with his awful cry,
"If she ain't gonna come and love me then I'll just keep on howling!"
He eventually gets what he desires...
What an attention whore.
SQUAWK!!

thanks for reading today my little "followers"

love,
maddog

No comments:

Post a Comment