Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time To Get Personal...

Currently Listening To: Between the Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect

Every since I started writing, my favorite pieces to produce have been poems. I use poetry as a means to let out my emotions. In today's blog I am going to step out of my comfort zone and share a couple of pieces with you all that I have not shown any body till this date. I do not know if you will think they are any good, but I wrote them and I am proud of them.

Before you read them I am going to extend a warning...When I wrote these pieces I was in a very dark place (figuratively, not literally) with my depression. Through my poetry, I am able to get out frustration and anger constructively and not destructively. Please do not let my creativity worry you...thanks for reading!

love,
maddog

(Untitled)
June 23, 2010

I rage my fists against the ground
Beating them to bloody stumps
My brain swells up
Like a bloated body, rotting in the summer sun
As I allow the vision of you to seep into
The crevices of my mind

I hate every inch of you and everything you stand for
You make me cringe as I reflect upon yr visit
My stomach feels turned inside out
Bulging with bitterness

I must be sick to believe
Yr intensions were meant to cause me suffering
But I must end this horrible feeling
Soon I will be with you [Anne*]
Laughing at how childish my situation turned out

This could have all been resolved with something as simple as a phone call

*Anne Sexton

Depression (not a final draft)
February 2010

I want blood to drip
From my hands
Open my skin and let my life liquid
Run out of me like an angry drunk
Runs from the bar at last call.

Ill slam my fists into tables
And chairs just to put a smile
On my face.

As hard as I punch I cannot
Rid myself of the painful demon
Who whispers in my ear,
Taunting me,
"Yr not good enough",
"You ugly fuck!"

I crush my head onto the floor
Praying my demon will curb
Stomp me out of my misery,

But nothing happens.

I lye waiting,
for nothing.

If only I had the balls
To stomp myself out,
Would I be at peace then?

I cannot even sit
And enjoy TV
Without feeling like
I want to gouge
My eyes out.

Please come over
And help me break
My fingers and toes
One bye One...
Crunch by Crunch.

I would be happy then

I am completely healthy,
But I feel totally sick...
Sick of feeling sorry
For myself,
Sick of feeling trapped...
I'm sick of feeling.

So many things to do,
But I cannot prioritize
A single one.

I am to angry and
To awkward
To figure anything out.

I just sit here,
Steaming and puffing,
Contemplating ways
To hurt myself...

1) Cut out my tongue?
2) Slash my leg tendons?
3) Inject myself with bleach?

Fuck it,  just keep watching TV.

2 comments:

  1. Mad, curious as to the time line of this work. What about putting it to music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...i never thought of my poetry being turned into music. Its not that I am against this idea, I just need to write happier stuff. Those two poems are pretty dark (not that I am ashamed) and are just not suitable to be lyrics. As for the time line of the work, The first poem was not really written on the 23rd. I first wrote in on the 18th just after watching a really depressing film and thinking of that girl from Vegas I had a crush on. The second poem was done at the beginning of February after the girl I had a crush on told me she didn't like me.

    ReplyDelete