Sunday, September 26, 2010

Too $hort...Too Lame!

Currently Listening To: Silent Majority - Life of a Spectator

I was going to post this yesterday, but I ended up being consumed by college football. I would like to take the time here to acknowledge unranked UCLA on whooping the #7 Longhorns yesterday in Texas at the Cotton Bowl, that's pretty embarrassing Coach Brown. It was a stunner for sure! Congrats USC on stomping WSU in Pullman, stupid hippies hahaha!!

OK, so Friday night I got invited to go to some random club in the San Francisco to see Too Short perform and have a really fun Friday night. I really didn't know it was going to turn out so bad. We didn't leave for the club until about 1030pm because we were waiting to hear back from some girls who wanted to join us at the club. Nick P's buddy was the promoter for the show so we were on the guest list so we didn't have to worry about paying a cover. The girls ended up flaking on us so we rolled to the city with four dudes. In the club world that generally is not very helpful in getting into a busy club, but we were on the guest list so there was nothing to be worried about. I was totally wrong about that. We got to the club around 1130pm the place was packed. They didn't want to let us in even though we were on the guest list. Plus we showed up with no women and they weren't feeling that either. We finally found the promoter friend and he ended up talking security into letting us in for $10 a head. Now this was really getting stupid. I don't even listen to rap music and hear I am, outside of some trashy, trendy club, paying for something I was supposed to get into for free. When we got into the club, we had to weave threw the crowd of gangsters wannabes, hipsters scene kids, and poorly dressed women to get to the only place where there was room to stand, in the very back of the club. As usual when at a club, the cheapest drink they had to sell was $7 Bud Light. I laughed and knew that i was not about to spend what little money I had on over priced cheap booze. A girl friend of mine from school, her name is Lea, who was there was kind enough to purchase me a beer and we stood close and yelled into each others ears because that was the only way of communicating outside of "texting". One thing that bothered me the most about the club was the lack of beautiful women. Now, there were "hot" girls at the club, but not a single one was genuine in personality. I ended up talking to three different girls and they wouldn't even give me the time of day. I was just trying to make conversation and I would either get ignored or totally blown off. A girl actually told me that , "I could leave now." What the fuck is that? I was so taken a back I didn't even say anything, I walked away confused. I shouldn't be shocked by this, but I was. I ripped my way threw the crowd to the other side of the club to find my friends. Just as I found Nick and Lea, Too Short came on the little stage and it was nothing impressive at all. He may be the king of rap in the bay area, but it was a weak show to say the least. He performed a handful of "songs" and then retreated to his VIP table with a bunch of drunk girls he pulled up on to the stage to dance for him. I was fed up with this place. I didn't belong there and everything about the night was telling me so. We ended up leaving the club around 2am. I can't believe we stayed as long as we did. I will never, ever be doing that again. I thought it was going to be a fun night out, but it ended up becoming my worst nightmare. No wonder I listen to hardcore and punk music. There is no passion in rap. Its just an annoying display of overindulgence and a practice of lunacy.

thanks for reading me rants

love,
madisson

No comments:

Post a Comment