Today is a soggy, cold, and dreary day in Southern California and I thought that I was going to be able to stay out of the miserable weather, but I was totally wrong.
Yesterday I had my orientation at Souplantation (mostly signing paperwork) where my boss told me that I had to get the proper, non-slip footwear in order to do my job properly and safely, so I decided that I would go out to Payless and pick up a pair today (Saturday).
I put on a jacket (not weather-proof) and took a stole down the street to catch the bus. As I walked outside I noticed that there was only a light drizzle and the clouds over head were not too menacing, so I was not worried about having to stand and wait for the bus to come and take me up the street to the shopping center. I waited at the bus stop for a good 10 minutes and the bus had not come yet, but I stood there confident, even though the bus was late I knew that it would come and I would soon be out of the cold and on my way.
Finally, I saw the bus coming up the street and I smiled, happy that I was going to safe from the elements momentarily. As the bus came closer I stood near the curb (as to be seen easily) and got my change ready. The bus driver without thinking twice about it passed right by me and I stood there in shock watching the bus speed off to where ever it was going. "Did that just happen?", I said to myself out loud. Just as I began to walk toward the shopping center, pissed off like no ones business, it began to pour down on me, perfect! I kept on walking, becoming soaked to the bone and I looked up to the heavens and I yelled out, "When does it get easier?" After what seemed like an eternity, the rain stopped. I was still about a mile away, but I was not about to turn around. I had a mission to complete and I wasn't going to let a lousy bus driver ruin my day. I sucked it up and walked into the closest coffee shop (Coffee Bean) and got myself a small drip, used some napkins to dry my hair and continued on.
I made it to the store and it only took me five minutes to find the proper fitting shoes and I was soon back on my way home. Luckily, it did not rain on my walk home and I was incredible thankful for that.
Sometimes life presents us with challenges and lately I have had to overcome many. Even though I wanted to give up I had to persevere. I almost let the weather and a bus driver get the best of me, but I called my dad and as usual he gave me great advice and told me to continue on my path and to keep doing the right thing. Even though life gets difficult, doing the right thing will pay off in the end. I let it go and and I am happy that I am all set with work uniform.
On a lighter note I am going to share a wee nugget of joy with you that comes in the form of an internet conversation between my good friend Ana and myself...
Ana: I have to type 10 pgs on the anthropological perspective of garbage...gahhhhh
Me: If you need some one to edit your paper for you I could do it, its kind of what I got my degree in
Ana: No way, what's your degree in?
Me: English
Ana: Oh hahaha I thought you meant trash
Me: hahahahaaha
I guess the point of me posting this conversation is to emphasize how much I miss being in school. I would go out of my way to edit and fix up my friends papers for school and why not? I love to do it. I miss having to write papers as crazy as it sounds. I cannot wait until I have the opportunity to go back to school and begin my masters program. It is my dream to go back within the next five years and eventually become a high school English teacher. If any one reads this and needs help with their papers I could be of service. I will not type your paper for you (that would be cheating), but I would not mind editing it for you, just give me a shout.
I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing weekend. Be easy!
With love,
Madisson
Hey Maddog!
ReplyDeleteI'm probably going to take you up on that editing offer, because I got a huge film paper I got coming up!
Anyway, I've been reading your blog, and it's great! I miss your ass! I'm actually going to be down south for Thanksgiving. We should try to meet up and grab some coffee or something!
<3,
Hayley