Currently Listening To: Latin For Truth - Eleven Eleven
Hello December...we meet again! I cannot believe that we are already here!!! I really feel like 2010 just started, but we are now getting ready to bring in a new year. I would just like to recall some import events that were very significant in my life which occurred over the last 11 months:
1) January: Spring Classes begin at NDNU (my last semester as an undergrad/pick my topic for my senior thesis).
2) February: Graduation Application Accepted!
3) March: External HD stolen from computer lab at school containing my research and first five pages of my thesis.
4) April: The Bohemian Publication Party (one of our best publications to date, we put our hearts and souls into creating this years journal and we are damn proud of it!).
5) May: College Graduation!!!!! (an hour later we were on a plane heading to Vegas to celebrate) and I finally got out of the "madhouse" I was living in put my stuff in a storage unit and go to live on the couch at the "trailer" in Redwood City.
6) June: Vans Warped Tour begins at the end of June (I would be gone for two months on the road traveling with the Riverboat Gamblers, selling skateboards for Hooligan Skate).
7) July: In the thick of it...getting into the grove of touring and having surreal life experiences every day (got to see Mama and Papa Marin in Orlando).
8) August: Warped Tour ends mid month...hang out in LA for a week than head back to the Bay. Currently living back on the couch at the "trailer" in Redwood City.
9) September: Start this blog (saves my sanity). Life is not to easy living on a couch.
10) October: Invited to live in San Diego county with Aunt Noella and Uncle Ted. I move mid-month (First time I sleep in a proper bed since May).
11) November: Hang out in Florida for a week. Aunt Maria and Mike marry on Siesta Key. I turn 24 (new laptop obtained)!! Acquire job at Souplantation. First Thanksgiving away from Home.
And now here we are...December. Another first for me is coming up pretty soon. Last year was the first time that the Marin's did not spend the Christmas holiday together. Although, I was fortunate to spend almost 2 weeks hanging out with my brother Alex at his old house in IV, in PV with the Arwin's crazy Persian family, and up in the Bay in Redwood City. It was a really great time to say the least. I feel like Alex and I were able to reconnect as brothers and since then we have not been closer.
This year I will not be spending it with any one in the Marin family. Since I just got this awesome job at Souplantation I don't want take off work so soon. I want to carve myself a niche and establish myself within the politics of the establishment, haha. I will be having Christmas here in Carlsbad, which is not a horrible thing to be honest.Tomorrow we are going to get our tree and for the first time since I really cannot remember when I will be decorating a Christmas Tree. For the first time I am really getting into the Christmas spirit. Yesterday I was taking my first look for gifts I want to get for my close friends and family. I don't know about singing along to any Christmas songs, but I will definitely be belting out The Vandals 'Oi To The World' album on the regular!
This past week I started my new job and I have been really digging it. The management has been noticing that I enjoy to work and I am pumped to be there. I am going to be the best floor staff member that I can be! I am starting to make some new friends through working and that is also making me super happy, finally!
I am so looking forward to what 2011 has in store for me. I hope that it was as good as this year! I miss my friends in the Bay and I miss my family in Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment